Are you a scientist interested in WBHI data? Information on how to access the WBHI Brain Imaging Database will be available in the links below. For the general public, you can learn more about our community partnerships, volunteer for a study, or read the latest science on women's health.
Santa Barbara Women's Health Coalition
A coalition of advocates, clinicians, corporate and industry professionals, and passionate community members with the shared goal of advancing the quality and outcomes of women’s healthcare in Santa Barbara County.
- Editorial Board (2023) Women’s health: End the disparity in funding. Nature.
- Peterson N., Beltz A., Casto K., Taylor C., Jacobs E.G., Sundstrom-Poromaa, Pletzer B., (2023) Toward a more comprehensive neuroscience of hormonal contraception. Nature Neuroscience.
- Shansky, R. M., & Murphy, A. Z. (2021). Considering sex as a biological variable will require a global shift in science culture. Nature Neuroscience.
- Taylor C., Pritschet L., & Jacobs E.G. (2021) The scientific body of knowledge – whose body does it serve? A spotlight on oral contraceptives and women’s health factors in neuroimaging. Frontiers in Neuroendocrinology. Special Issue “Beyond Sex Differences: A Spotlight on Women's Brain Health”
- de Lange AG., Jacobs E.G., Galea LAM. (2021) The scientific body of knowledge – whose body does it serve? A spotlight on women’s brain health. Editorial in Frontiers in Neuroendocrinology.
- Pritschet L., Taylor C., Santander T., Jacobs E.G. (2021) Applying dense-sampling methods to reveal dynamic endocrine modulation of the nervous system. Current Opinions in Behavioral Science.
- Jacobs E.G. (2020) Why neuroscience needs girls: Gender diversity drives scientific discovery. Frontiers for Young Minds.
- Taylor C., Pritschet L., Yu S., Jacobs E.G. (2019) Applying a women’s health lens to the study of the aging brain. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience.
Zucker, I., & Beery, A. K. (2010). Males still dominate animal studies. Nature.